Homeowners can apply for a 0% loan through the HEAT program to fund certain qualified energy efficient home improvements. Up to $25,000 is available depending on the improvements selected. The loan can be repaid over a term up to 7 years.
Simply log into www.massave.com for details about the process which includes obtaining a Mass Save Home Energy Assessment by an authorized representative. When the needs are identified, and the energy efficiency measures have been recommended, an owner is free to apply for pre-approval of the HEAT loan.
Upon approval, private service people such as plumbers and electricians may perform the installation of the following eligible items:
- Heating System Replacement
- Water Heaters (including solar types)
- Central Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps
- Insulation & replacement windows
- Wood Pellet Boilers
- Grants to Remove Asbestos and to Upgrade Knob & Tube Wiring